Getting things done
This weekend has been a busy weekend. After buying lots of fabric on Friday and even Saturday! Yes, I went back and bought more. I went WAY over my budget, but I have fabric to last me years and years. Just like everything else I try not to ever buy my fabric at retail prices. I bought loads of fabric a couple years ago when Hancock fabrics closed several of their stores in the area. That inspired me to work on some of my UFOs = Un-Finished Objects on Sunday. My husband watched my daughter while I did some of them. Then we all worked on organizing our office. Perfect spring cleaning.
Getting Things Done
My goal for this year is to list out all the things that need to get done or I want to get done and then do it! As mentioned before we have been doing yard work which has been a financial goal.
My husband and I have a lot of personal hobby projects that have been placed on the back burner. I’ve made a decision to list out all of my UFOs and try to tackle several of them this year the more the better!
Holly’s Un-Finished Objects- Craft related
Not in any particular order. Here we go:
- Wedding quilt – This is for my Mom. I created the top before her wedding but still haven’t finished the quilting. I’m tempted to save up the money and have a professional finish it. This is a big project.
- Duvet cover – Since I moved into this house I wanted my bedroom to look a particular way and I decided I wanted a beautiful embroidered red duvet cover but I couldn’t find one that wasn’t “dry clean only”. So, I came up with my own design and I’ve purchased all of the materials. I’m super excited to create this.
- Purse with bamboo handles – This was a project that I bought at the Sewing Expo a couple years ago. Could become a perfect gift!
- Black Asian Flower Bag – Not sure if this will be a purse or a shopping bag but I bought this fabric like most of my fabrics at a deep discount.
- Baby/Toddler Blanket - After the big snow fall this year I got the sewing itch and wanted to create my daughter and husband their very own flannel blankets. Of course, I didn’t have flannel in my stash (now I do) so I bought several yards of flannel to create them blankets. I successfully finished his blanket which we all love to use while watching T.V. Now, I need to create hers. She even helped pick out the fabric.
- Sister’s quilt – Another project I’m looking forward to jumping into is my sister’s quilt. A couple years ago she went to the store with me and purchased all of the materials so I just need to get in there and start cutting.
- Wedding Scrapbook – I have my wedding scrapbook that I want to finish. I have all of the photos organized I just need to cut out paper and glue them down.
- Flowered Double Quilt – This is technically my first large quilt top that I started in 1997 (i.e. high school)! I finished the quilt top a year or so ago but haven’t gotten to the point to baste it and quilt it. I’m tempted to save the money and have a professional quilt it for me.
- Cowl Neck Olive Green Blouse – I bought some beautiful soft stretchy fabric for this project at less than $1 a yard. I believe I bought 4 yards and can easily make a blouse with each yard. Plus, the pattern was under $2. I pretty much finished this project yesterday. Woohoo!
- Sorority/Fraternity Letters - A couple years ago I created several t-shirts with custom letters on them. I still have a couple left to sell and hope to get back into selling these in the future. I have one set outstanding and want to try and finish this. I have a little bit sewing left to do. Woohoo!
On the back burner:
- My Wedding quilt – I have a design in mind but I haven’t purchased any materials for this. Someday I will have this done!
- Baby Bibs – After creating this pattern for Baby Bibs. I love making them and I have found so much fabric including a couple yards of pink terry cloth I bought over the weekend. Perfect Baby gifts.
House Un-Finished Objects
- Clean the windows – We installed new windows in the last couple years. They look amazing but they need a good cleaning. I’m putting this higher on the list because I want to make sure this gets done this spring.
- Ceiling – Paint a small section of the ceiling in the family room. Just a touch up.
- Cube shelving – Paint the cube shelving we have in our basement black. Similar to the black cabinet.
- Organize Office - We just received some FREE furniture in our office. Big thanks to our friends for this! We are in the process of re-organizing the office so it works for us. I’m coming up with an organizational plan so that I can get things filed faster and easier. Plus, only the essentials are going into the office. Nothing extra.
- Scrapbooking and Photos - My plan has been to create scrapbooks for all of the photos that we have and in some cases I’m thinking I will just scan them and then create electronic scrapbooks.
- Organize closets - its been a long time since I went through each closet and cleaned each of them out.
I’m sure I will be updating this soon. It will be fun to see what I finish. I hope I don’t add to many more projects to the list. What are your UFOs?