It’s that time of year! Time to start looking for Consignment sales and Yard Sales.
Thanks to MoneyWiseMoms for posting this great information!
Here are the major sales for NoVA in order by sale date:
- Loudon/Fairfax Mothers of Multiples, Sterling, VA–September 12
- Northern Virginia Parents of Multiples, Arlington, VA–September 12
- Fairfax County Mothers of Multiples, Chantilly, VA–Saturday, September 19** Gina from MoneyWiseMoms will be at this one.
- Prince William Mothers of Multiples, Manassas, VA–Saturday, September 19
- Christ Church Children’s Consignment Sale, Fairfax Station, VA–Saturday, October 3
- Dani’s Duds, Chantilly, VA–October 10-11
- Classy Kids Consignment Sale, Manassas, VA–October 21-25
Check out each of the websites so you know how each of the Consignment sales work. Some offer discounts if you help and volunteer such as free admission, early admission and other benefits. If you plan on selling your kids nice clothes these are the places to do it. You might get a little something for each of the items but don’t expect to get a lot since the consignment company wants to make money and you want to sell it.
I’ve been to the Classy Kids Consignment Sale in Manassas and lucked out because I went on the last day which everything is a $1! It was slim pickings but all of the money goes to charity at that point.
My mother-in-law has been to the Christ Church Children’s Consignment Sale and says that is a very nice sale. I hope to stop by that day.
Besides consignment sales this is the time of year for more yard sales. I haven’t been to too many yard sales this year but I hope to this fall since my daughter is growing out of her clothes fast. Look at, Craigslist and GarageSaleTracker for sales in your area and hitting the multi-family or neighborhood sales. We have a lot of large neighboorhoods in my area and frequently in the Fall the yard sales are very common place. The locations that I recommend include a look out for yard sales in South Riding (Fairfax/Loudon County), Franklin Farms ( Chantilly) and Centreville neighborhoods.