I’m spending the day with my daughter today inside since it is snowing! We’re trying to relax but that’s not easy when she wants to run around. Right now she is napping and I’m taking a break!
She wasn’t interested in playing when I was preparing the crockpot for the Slow Cooker Chicken Parmesan, it took several attempts at distracting her in order to defrost the chicken and get all of the ingredients into the pot. I found a great tip on how to defrost chicken without making it rubbery.
Tip: Check it out HERE! This is for one chicken breast.
Put it on a piece of foil while you heat your oven to 200 degrees. When it reaches 200, turn off the heat, throw the chicken and foil in the oven, and wait twenty minutes. This will thaw your chicken without cooking it, or creating those tough, over-cooked bits that you get from microwave defrosting.
I was defrosting 4 very large chicken breasts that were in the original packaging so this is what I did.
1. Heat the oven to 200 degrees and leave it on.
2. Take a cookie sheet and put foil on it.
3. Place chicken on the foil and then place another piece of foil on top of that.
4. Put it in the oven on the bottom rack.
5. Since these were very large chicken breasts I gave them 20 minutes and then flipped them over and gave them another 10 minutes. There were only a few parts that were still frozen! I then continued with my recipe.