This week you should! Sunday 9/20 Washington Post has coupons!
- SmartSource (which says 9/20/2009 67-1 advertising supplement to washington post exprire 12/31/09)
- RedPlum (which says advertising supplement to washington post 9/20/09 expire 1/30/10)
- Kmart has an ad that states the following:
- Get a $5 coupon when you Buy $25 worth of participating brands or Get a $12 a coupon when you Buy $50 worth of participating brands
- Wow! Over 400 items to choose from!
- Fine print says: Offer valid on qualifying purchases made: 9/15/09-10/12/09. Limit one coupon per transaction. $25 or $50 qualifying purchase is calculated before taxes and after other discounts have been applied. See store for details.
- $19.99 each Huggies Big pack diapers
- $9.99 Huggies 320-360 wipes
- 2 for $5 for Sale Glade
- $1.99 Sale Personal Care: Edge or Skintimate shave gel or cream
- 2 for $4 Sale Ziploc. 50 ct sandwich, Easy Zipper 15-20 ct, storage or 10-15 ct freezer, 7-10 ct., Zip’n Steam bags and lots more listed
- Kmart ad has a $20 off a $100 or more home fashions bedding or bath purchase valid 9/13/09-10/10/09
- Macaroni Grill coupon $5 off with the purchase of any 2 entrees expires 10/17/09
- Michaels any one regular price item 40% off valid 9/20/09-9/26/09
Did you see anything worth why in the Washington Post?
This week you should! Sunday 9/13 Washington Post has coupons and a lot more.
- There will be 5 inserts this Sunday – 3 Smartsource and 2 Redplum.
- SS1 exp 6/30/10, SS2 GM exp 12/5/09, SS3 12/31/09, RP1 exp 12/31/09, and RP2 exp 3/31/10
- However, I got 4 today, now I could have missed one. I got 2 Smartsource and 2 Redplum. I picked up another paper and it did have 5 including the General Mills Smartsource.
- Kmart $10 new or transfer prescription gift card coupon
- Coupons in Parade magazine
Did you get all 5 inserts? Anything I missed?
Sorry to say this weekend will not have coupons because it is Labor Day weekend! You don’t need to get the Washington Post. Save that $1.50 for some ice cream or something else. Have a great Labor Day Weekend!
I will be getting my paper tomorrow since I still have a subscription and will post any other deals I find.
This week you should! Sunday 8/30 Washington Post has coupons and a lot more.
- Smart Source (which says 73-1 Advertising Supplement to Washington Post 8/30/09) exp 11/30/09
- Red Plum (which says Advertising Supplement to Washington Post 8/30/09) exp 12/31/09
- P&G (which says Valassis – Advertising Supplement 08/30/09 018272) exp 10/31/09
This week you should! Sunday 8/23 Washington Post has coupons and a lot more.
- Smart Source (which says 83-1 Advertising Supplement to Washington Post 8/23/09) exp 12/31/09
- Red Plum (which says Advertising Supplement to Washington Post 8/23/09) exp 02/28/10
- Parade Magazine – Coupon – Libby’s Vegetables $1.00/3 exp 9/30/09
- Michael’s coupon – Extra 45% entire purchase Bonus Coupon Valid Aug 23-29, 2009 – Artist Paints, Pencils, Pastels & Markers – Includes acrylic, oil and watercolor paint, open stock & sets and art markers sketching & drawing pencils, pastels & charcoal, art pens & calligraphy
- Five Below ad – Sale includes Back packs for $5, usb laptop cooling station $5, usb keyboard $5, and mead all in one $5
- Babies R US/Toys R US – Huggies Wipes Refill (184-232 ct) (6.99 each) 2 for $12 Must buy 2 for offer. Put this towards the $5 off $25 coupon and the Huggies Wipe coupon (SS 7/19 $1.00/2) Pretty good deal!
This week you should! Sunday 8/16 Washington Post has coupons and a lot more.
In regards to Red Plum see below the side says Washington RedPlum Direct Mail, so I believe some people will still get it in their mail. See my earlier post HERE about how to check on your location.
- Smart Source (which says 73-1 Advertising Supplement to Washington Post 8/16/09) exp 6/30/10
- There is even a free sample of Viva Paper Towel in my Smart Source
- On the cover of my Smart Source there is a coupon for a Free small (10 oz) Hot or (16 oz) Iced Latte from Dunkin Donuts! (My husband and I have used the free coupons from a couple weeks ago. Yummy!) Limit one coupon per customer. Good at Greater DC Area Location Exp 9/27/09
- Red Plum (which says Advertising Supplement to Washington Post, Fredericksburg Free Lance-Star, Washington buy, Washington El Tiempo Latino, Washington RedPlum Direct Mail, Washington Suburban Buy, 8/16/09) exp 12/31/09
- Target Ad has a Free $10 Target GiftCard with purchase of any new or transferred prescriptions (this can be used at CVS and other places that take competitors coupons) exp 8/31/09
- Staples Ad – has some great items on sale including $1 copy paper, $.25 composition notebooks and more. Click HERE for more information!
I was thinking about the Red Plum coupons and the reason I buy the Washington Post each week. Currently, I have a subscription and will be canceling it soon since I don’t have a weekly discount anymore. Instead I will go to the store and get the Sunday Double Deal on Sundays. There will be some Sundays I might not be interested in getting it, like the Holidays don’t have coupons. So, in the long run I will save by only buying the ones that I want. There are some Sundays that it makes sense to buy more than one or more than two. I will try and write a post on Saturdays to say if it makes sense to buy the paper or not.
This week you should! Sunday 8/9 Washington Post has coupons and a lot more.
- Smart Source (which says 80-1 Advertising Supplement to Washington Post 8/9/09) exp 9/30/10
- Smart Source #2 General Mills everyday saver (which says F11-2 on the side) exp 10/31/09
- Red Plum (which says Advertising Supplement to Washington Post 8/9/09) exp 11/30/09
- Michael’s Ad has a 15% off coupon for your total purchase (Teacher Appreciation) exp 8/15/09 and 40% off any one regular price item 8/9-8/15
- The Parade Magazine has a coupon for McDonalds – Free Medium Fries and Free Medium Soft Drink or Tea with purchase of any Angus Third Pounders exp 8/31/09. Valid only at participating McDonald’s restaurants.
- Staples has a $5 off $50 purchase valid 8/9-8/15 (See my earlier post about Staples deals!)
Well, I haven’t confirmed 100% but it looks like as of last weekend (7/26/09) that Washington Post will be carrying the Red Plum coupons again. I didn’t get the Red Plum coupons in my Red Plum mailer on Monday, 7/27/09.
Per my earlier post, click HERE to read it, I mentioned the Red Plum web site that allows you to search your location to find the Red Plum coupons. This morning on my way to work I found the Washington El Tiempo Latino newsstand (Note this is FREE!) and to my excitement it has the Red Plum coupons! It looked different then the ones from Sunday’s paper and I looked at the date and it is for this weekend (8/2/09)! Woohoo! It didn’t include other coupons like SmartSource or P&G.
I strongly suggest getting the “Double Pack” for $2 of the Washington Post this weekend. There should be all 3 coupon inserts: P&G, Red Plum and Smart Source!
Let me know where else you find your coupons!
Read my post about Where to find coupons!
On the side bar of my website you can print coupons from Coupons.com. Super Easy!
Click HERE to go to Coupons Inc. for Brick coupons. You will have to download software in order to print these.
In previous posts I’ve mentioned that Washington Post doesn’t include the Red Plum inserts anymore. So, where do you find them?
1. Red Plum is now being sent in the mail via their mail flier. Check your mailbox. I usually get mine on Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday.
2. Ask your family and friends for their Red Plum inserts that they get in the mail. I’m surprised at how many people are happy to help!
3. Check some of your local newspapers. I look at all of the local newspapers no matter where I travel. You would be surprised at where they might be. I will update this post as I come across more.
4. Check out recycling bins or recycling centers. This is something I haven’t done but I’ve heard this is a great way to get extras.
5. Talk to your mailman about getting you extra copies of the Red Plum flier. This is something I haven’t done but it is a great idea.
Where to find the inserts in the Washington Metro Area.
Newspapers that include both the Red Plum and Smart Source Inserts. These are the newspapers in the Washington Metropolitan area.
- Baltimore Sun – Cost $2.00
- Free-Lance Star – Cost $1.50 – Shoppers Cost $1.40
- Gainesville Times – This paper includes the week before Smart Source and the upcoming week Red Plum insert. Click HERE for locations to pick up the paper. Cost $.50 – Shoppers Cost $.45
These newspapers include the Smart Source Inserts only.
- Fairfax Times – Click HERE for locations to pick up the paper. Cost FREE! In fact, all of the Fairfax County Libraries get copies and they have them in the Information Centers free to take. It is published on Wednesdays. I usually see it on Thursdays.
- Loudoun Times-Mirror – Click HERE for locations to pick up the paper. (Not sure of the cost.)
- Washington Post – Cost $1.50 – Sam’s Club $1.40 – Giant sells the Washington Post on occasion 2 in a bag called a “Double” pack for $2.00.
Thanks to Redemption Unlimited for their post on Red Plum coupons.
This is a follow up to my post from the other day. I wanted to mention that this morning I had the bad news of looking at my ad section and only receiving the Smart Source section. No Red Plum to be found.
I didn’t get the Red Plum coupons in my mailbox. The Red Plum ad in my mailbox said “$35 worth of coupons inside” and they weren’t there. It looks like they fell out. So far my Mom and Mother-in-law (who look out for coupons for me) haven’t seen it either. I don’t think this idea of advertising is going to work for Red Plum. I can see their idea of putting coupons in people’s mailboxes would give others opportunity to receive coupons, however, if they are in the pizza ads no one looks at them. My Mom and Mother-in-law throw them away usually. I had to ask them specifically to look out for them.
In my area it seems they appear on Tuesdays. Is that when you get them?
What are your thought on this change? Where should I get Red Plum coupons now? The only newspaper that can be delivered is Washington Times and they don’t offer coupons.
UPDATE: I want to mention that this week I got the Red Plum in Monday’s mail. When are you getting them?