I know this might be early but I can’t help it. It is that time of year again! Starbucks will soon have Gingerbread Lattes available at a store near you. I remember a couple years ago when a friend of mine told me how good they were. I tried one and I was hooked. I don’t go to Starbucks that often but when there is an opportunity for a treat I will try and get one of these. HERE is some more information including nutritional information at Starbucks.com.
About two years ago I discovered this fabulous recipe for the Gingerbread syrup. I like to make the syrup and use it in Dunkin Donuts coffee, that I make at home. Yummy!
Click HERE for the source.
Source of Recipe – Top Secret Recipes, by Todd Wilbur
2 cups water
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
2 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup fresh espresso
8 ounces milk, steamed (with a little foam)
1. Make the gingerbread syrup by combining water, sugar, ginger, cinnamon and vanilla in a medium saucepan. Be sure the pan is not too small or the mixture could easily bubble over.
2. Bring mixture to a boil then reduce heat and simmer syrup, uncovered, for 15 minutes. Remove the syrup from the heat when it’s done and slap a lid on it.
3. Make a double shot of espresso (1/2 cup), using an espresso machine. Use the machine to steam 8 ounces of milk, or heat up the milk in themicrowave if your machine does not foam and steam milk.
4. Make your latte by first adding 1/2 cup espresso to a 16-ounce cup. Add 1/4 cup gingerbread syrup, followed by the steamed milk. Stir.
5. Top off the drink with a dollop of whipped cream, and a sprinkle of nutmeg.