This weekend I stopped at Bottom Dollar Food to get some groceries which I will write a post about later.
When I got there I planned to picking up an additional copy of the Washington Post. However, the cost is $2! Wow! I was surprised. I wasn’t sure if it was the store or the the paper. They had a double deal sitting there so I lucked out and picked that up. It turned out to be $3!
Here is an article about the change in price for the Sunday Washington Post.
Effective Dec. 13, the newsstand price for its Sunday paper will go from $1.50 to $2 in Washington.
I now need to check my bill and find out how much they are charging me for home delivery. I might have to cancel and pick up the paper if the cost is more than that.
I might even start thinking of ordering inserts online. What do you think?
What paper do you pick up?
Wow! There will be a P&G brand Saver in the newspapers on 12/27/2009! Check it out – P&G will post ahead of time that they will publish a brand saver.
You should get the Sunday Washington Post this week because there are 3 inserts this week!
- Smart Source
- Red Plum
- General Mills
Check out the coupon preview HERE!
Master List of Unexpired insert coupons – Thanks to Taylortownpreview.com!
I was looking closely at the P&G brand Saver for this week and discovered that it has some pretty good coupons for our area. For example the $1.00 off Bounty paper towels are for 1 multi pack or 2 any size and there is a $1.00 off Iams cat food. Several others are pretty good too.
I then did a search for other coupons that are P&G products and came across the P&G Sample and Coupon Everyday Solutions website. Click HERE to sign up for samples and coupons.
If I understand it correctly each month about this time you can login and then select samples and coupons that you would like. This is great!
Let me know what coupons and samples you like or that you found recently.
This week has 3 inserts! It is the beginning of the month so that means you get the Smart Source, Red Plum and P&G.
There is also a couple coupons for $10 new or transfer prescriptions in this week’s ads for Target and Kmart! You can use these at most CVSs or Rite Aids.
Before I forget you should make sure you pick up a Sunday Washington Post. Some locations still sell them on Mondays and even Tuesdays. It looks like you should get:
- Smartsource (exp 2/28/10) (Confirmed a copy of Smartsource)
- RedPlum (exp 6/30/10)
This week you should! Sunday 8/16 Washington Post has coupons and a lot more.
In regards to Red Plum see below the side says Washington RedPlum Direct Mail, so I believe some people will still get it in their mail. See my earlier post HERE about how to check on your location.
- Smart Source (which says 73-1 Advertising Supplement to Washington Post 8/16/09) exp 6/30/10
- There is even a free sample of Viva Paper Towel in my Smart Source
- On the cover of my Smart Source there is a coupon for a Free small (10 oz) Hot or (16 oz) Iced Latte from Dunkin Donuts! (My husband and I have used the free coupons from a couple weeks ago. Yummy!) Limit one coupon per customer. Good at Greater DC Area Location Exp 9/27/09
- Red Plum (which says Advertising Supplement to Washington Post, Fredericksburg Free Lance-Star, Washington buy, Washington El Tiempo Latino, Washington RedPlum Direct Mail, Washington Suburban Buy, 8/16/09) exp 12/31/09
- Target Ad has a Free $10 Target GiftCard with purchase of any new or transferred prescriptions (this can be used at CVS and other places that take competitors coupons) exp 8/31/09
- Staples Ad – has some great items on sale including $1 copy paper, $.25 composition notebooks and more. Click HERE for more information!
I was thinking about the Red Plum coupons and the reason I buy the Washington Post each week. Currently, I have a subscription and will be canceling it soon since I don’t have a weekly discount anymore. Instead I will go to the store and get the Sunday Double Deal on Sundays. There will be some Sundays I might not be interested in getting it, like the Holidays don’t have coupons. So, in the long run I will save by only buying the ones that I want. There are some Sundays that it makes sense to buy more than one or more than two. I will try and write a post on Saturdays to say if it makes sense to buy the paper or not.
This week you should! Sunday 8/9 Washington Post has coupons and a lot more.
- Smart Source (which says 80-1 Advertising Supplement to Washington Post 8/9/09) exp 9/30/10
- Smart Source #2 General Mills everyday saver (which says F11-2 on the side) exp 10/31/09
- Red Plum (which says Advertising Supplement to Washington Post 8/9/09) exp 11/30/09
- Michael’s Ad has a 15% off coupon for your total purchase (Teacher Appreciation) exp 8/15/09 and 40% off any one regular price item 8/9-8/15
- The Parade Magazine has a coupon for McDonalds – Free Medium Fries and Free Medium Soft Drink or Tea with purchase of any Angus Third Pounders exp 8/31/09. Valid only at participating McDonald’s restaurants.
- Staples has a $5 off $50 purchase valid 8/9-8/15 (See my earlier post about Staples deals!)