I’ve been dealing with the a stomach bug these last couple of days. It seems to be going around. Here are my tips for getting a quick recovery.
How to recover from Stomach bug/flu/food poisoning?
1.Wash your hands, often!
2. Drink plenty of fluids. If you can’t drink fluids because of nausea, vomiting and/or diarrhea for several hours then you should see your doctor or go to the emergency room. I’ve had to do that in the past. It doesn’t take long before you can be severely dehydrated.
3. Immediately take control of your symptoms. Besides drinking fluids take some necessary medicines like Pepto or Imodium or medications recommend by your doctor.
4. Don’t expose yourself to others if necessary. You don’t want to spread it.
5. Rest as much as possible.
6. After you feel better and WANT to eat everything, take it slowly. I like the BRAT (Banana, Rice, Apple Sauce and Toast) diet personally or similar foods. I also like to include yogurt to get some good bacteria working for you.
I’m not a doctor or medical professional so take my advice like anyone else, ask a doctor to confirm.
This works for me. I hope it helps others.