I’m a huge fan of so many bloggers including Mrs. MoneySaver and Frugalfriends.wordpress.com. It is so inspirational to read about each of their goals for 2010!
I’m so excited because if you read my earlier post from last year about our financial goals 2009 I’m excited to say that we’ve done everything on the list and then some! We’ve done a lot and we continue to stay on track!
This is what we did in 2009!
1. Continue to pay our credit cards each month!
2. 6+ months of expenses for emergency fund
3. Increased each of our life insurance policies!
4. Got an umbrella policy.
5. I’m super excited to say that we maxed out on our retirement accounts!
6. We started a 529k for our daughter and family has even helped with some gifts.
7. We refinanced our mortgage 2 months ago and lowered our mortgage payment by 9% per month! That might not sound like a lot but for us that is a decent amount. Of course that means we went back to a 30 year mortgage but I’m pleased with that. Here is a great article from Ric Edelman — 10 reasons to Keep a Big – Large Mortgage.
8. We are going to keep our extra stock and keep it until it rebounds a little bit more. The advisor fees are too high to keep it after that. We are going to put this money towards our next savings goal.
9. Get a home equity line of credit – Still looking into this option. At this point we are comfortable with our current options.
10. Go on vacation!
Financial Goals 2010
Woohoo! We only have our mortgage debt! Not bad! After a quick milkshake with the hubby we came up with these goals.
1. Continue to pay off credit cards each month!
2. Try to spend only $40 a week on groceries and try and spend less on eating out.
3. Max out our retirement accounts and look at other options to save even more into retirement.
4. Continue to save each month into our daughter’s 529k plan.
5. With the extra savings from our mortgage each month we are going take it and invest. We will include stock that we were going to sell last year into this fund. We have a goal and so far we have about 40% saved up!
6. We went on vacation! Woohoo! Thanks to saving and being frugal at Christmas we went on vacation. More about that soon.
7. Save towards landscaping our front yard. We need to get a couple estimates to figure out how much we need to save. We plan on doing some of it ourselves and having someone come and help too.
8. Save towards remodeling our master bathroom. Our bathroom is fine for now but it needs some tile work and we’ve thought long and hard and realized that it needs a good makeover and we plan on getting some estimates.
What are your goals for 2010?